Course Title Fitting for Non Fitting Personnel
Course Duration 5 Days
Location Jubilee Technical Training Centre, Takoradi Polytechnic
Who should attend this course and why?
The course should be attended by all non-fitting personnel required to gain some knowledge and practical experience in fitting.
To provide the course delegates with practical experience of fitting, examining the commonly utilised components of process plant.
To provide the delegate with a basic understanding of the main engineering components used in production industries.
At the end of the course the delegate should be able to:
- Recognise, strip and assemble a simple centrifugal pump, gear pump, vane pump, gate valve, ball valve and taper plug valve
- Make simple gaskets, fit valve and gland packing
- Remove pumps and valves from existing plant systems and replace
- Remove and refit ball and roller bearings
- Produce and fit small parallel and taper keys
- Simple alignment
Summary of Course Content
- Pumps – safety and associated hazards
- Strip, refurbish and re-build valves
- Bearing and bearing lubrication
- Fitting and removal of ball and roller bearings
- Key fitting
- Theory of basic alignment and reverse peripheral alignment
Mode of Delivery / Method of Assessment
A combination of classroom and practical sessions in the workshop. Delegate’s knowledge and understanding would be assessed throughout the day.
Course delegates will receive a JTTC Certificate of Attendance.